Skip to content
- The chance that your baby has Down syndrome, trisomy 18 or an open neural tube defect isHIGHER than the specific cut-off set by your centre..
- A screen positive result does not mean that your baby has one of these conditions.
- A screen positive result means you have the option to have genetic counselling and / or diagnostic testing (CVS, amniocentesis or ultrasound) to learn if your baby has one of the conditions.
- Most screen positive results turn out to be false, either by diagnostic testing or the birth of a baby who does not have Down syndrome, trisomy 18 or an open neural tube defect. This is called a false positive.
- About 1 out of 1 000 women will have a true positive result, which means that after diagnostic testing or birth, the baby does have one of these conditions.