The focus of the Clinical Standards task force is to recommend standards for prenatal screening algorithms and related clinical guidelines. The work of this task force is based on principles of clinical utility, sound evidence, and the efficient use of resources, keeping in mind the best interests of women and their families.
The PSO Standards Task Force will provide advice as appropriate regarding clinical issues related to prenatal screening.
This will include:
- to assess current screening algorithms and make recommendations to improve consistency
- to request the development of and/or review clinical guidelines specific to prenatal screening in Ontario
- to advise on implementation strategies for clinical changes in prenatal screening
- to review and recommend clinical indicators for MOHLTC-funded testing
- to review and provide feedback to PSO on recommendations from other advisory bodies
View the current Clinical Standards task force membership and continue to check back for updates on their work.